[aklug] Re: ACS Google Gateway

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Fri Oct 11 2013 - 23:51:22 AKDT

So basically, even if I don't use gmail (ACS email services) Google has
access to my network connections via ACS (this so that ACS can provide a
better "user experience)? Correct me if I'm wrong - I'm not a network
guy. And this is all being done without the knowledge of ACS
subscribers? Seems ACS is drinking the same kool-aide that Google is
selling to the general public (something for nothing), although it might
be far more dangerous. Perhaps we here in the US need some privacy laws
similar to those in the EU (it used to be the other way around).

--greg

--
Greg Schmitz
Alaska Moving Image Preservation Association (AMIPA)