[aklug] Re: New NETGEAR R6300v2 AC 1750 Router

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 02 2013 - 15:04:14 AKDT

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Jeremy Austin wrote:
>
> For Arthur looking at 3x3 clients, interesting benchmarks:
>> http://dl.ubnt.com/press/**Tolly213122UbiquitiUniFiWirele**
>> ssAPPerformance.pdf<http://dl.ubnt.com/press/Tolly213122UbiquitiUniFiWirelessAPPerformance.pdf>
>>

> Ubiquiti wasn't even on my RADAR when I was researching my purchase. One
> study that helped seal the deal for me was:
>
> http://ccent.syr.edu/PDF/**CCENT_3-stream_eval.pdf<http://ccent.syr.edu/PDF/CCENT_3-stream_eval.pdf>
>
> The fatal flaw in both of our studies is that they're both "sponsored" by
> the winner... go figure. ;-) Reviews of Ruckus in some trade mags,
> though,
> seemed to favor Ruckus, so I took the leap.

Correct. I wasn't boosting Ubiquiti; unfavorable benchmarks have a way of
not appearing in the finished reports.

> Egads! That is downright horrific.

I'll have to do some sanity checks on that number. I looked at another, and
it was pulling 75GB a day, but also failing to back up properly, so most of
that would be in journal checks and scans etc.

jermudgeon