[aklug] Re: too quiet...

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Tue Jun 11 2013 - 22:50:33 AKDT

This top quoting must be driving some people nuts.

"Using Metadata to Find Paul Revere"

London, 1772.

I have been asked by my superiors to give a brief demonstration of the
surprising effectiveness of even the simplest techniques of the
new-fangled Social Networke Analysis in the pursuit of those who would
seek to undermine the liberty enjoyed by His Majesty's subjects. This is
in connection with the discussion of the role of "metadata" in certain
recent events and the assurances of various respectable parties that the
government was merely "sifting through this so-called metadata" and that
the "information acquired does not include the content of any
communications". I will show how we can use this "metadata" to find key
persons involved in terrorist groups operating within the Colonies at
the present time. I shall also endeavour to show how these methods work
in what might be called a relational manner.....

http://kieranhealy.org//blog/archives/2013/06/09/using-metadata-to-find-paul-revere/