[aklug] Re: [OT] Re: random bits vs random Hex

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 29 2013 - 15:32:48 AKDT

I learned something. It's that entropy can be measured in nats; other
fundamental units of information include the bit, which we've been
discussing, the ban, and the Qubit. And that Huffman coding is really a
special case of arithmetic coding. Different types of coding optimize for
(or are most efficient at representing) different frequency distributions.
Relates to the changing base thought problem.

jermudgeon