[aklug] Re: MongoDB Roundup (Wed 7pm Anchorage)

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu May 09 2013 - 10:04:36 AKDT

* Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com> [130509 09:50]:
> While you're at it.. check out http://redis.io/commands
>
> I use the SETNX operator when I need a distributed lock manager as well as
> the blocking (therefore atomic) list operators that start with BL for
> handling work queues as well as time sequenced data.
>
> Something that I really dig in Python land is called retools which allows
> for fast and simple caching and locking in Python using Redis (distributed
> or single node). I've played with the queueing module provided as well and
> it's very simple compared to other worker solutions out there.
>
> http://retools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
  As a python/DB programmer, I'm sorry I missed it. Unfortunately,
  it is damned hard to get into Anchorage in the evening from the
  Valley (for me). There are at least 4 of us out here - myself,
  Schu and (name I have forgotten) MTASolutions guy and my bus
  partner - a pool would make it easier for me. Even easier would be
  an Eagle River meeting.

  I know it is kind of scary for your anchorites to venture out of
  the urban environs, but it's kind of cool out here. :)

  How about a meeting at Vagabond Blues?

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com