[aklug] Re: Kodiak woman receives dubious treatment from State Trooper

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Sat May 04 2013 - 14:27:29 AKDT

On 05/04/2013 02:14 PM, barsalou wrote:
> Just to be clear.
>
> I was not condeming the post...only that it should be tagged so that if
> I should want to put my head in the sand, that I have the opportunity.
>
> It is a courtesy, that is all.
>
> Plus, look how much more attention this got just by me making my post!!! :)

I definitely would have thrown in an OFF-TOPIC tag if it had occurred to
me. Makes a lot of sense.

> Hope everyone can realize that I feel incredulous that this sort of
> thing happens and really shouldn't.
>
> Maybe a valid place to have this conversation is on each and everyone
> one of our Alaskan legislators websites and news outlets as well as
> anyone else in the other states that might listen.
>
> I'm not sure if it made national news, but it soon should given the sort
> of abuse.

For what it is worth, I e-mailed the Governor about it.
<http://gov.alaska.gov/parnell/contact/email-the-governor.html> State
Trooper affairs would fall pretty well into his sphere of
responsibility, I should imagine.

Thankfully, there is already an investigation underway by the Dept. of
Public Safety. I sent an e-mail in anyway, to at least let the governor
know that there are a few Alaskans who are paying attention and who get
upset by this sort of thing.

--
frigidcode.com