[aklug] Re: web design help

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu May 02 2013 - 18:55:55 AKDT

* Jim MacDonald <jim@macdonald.org> [130502 14:35]:
> I would recommend a content manager like Wordpress or Drupal
  Heh! Heh!
  Questions to ask:
  1)Is Bruce ever going to do another website.
    I.E. is the learning curve as applied to drupal or wordpress
        worth it?
  2)Where is deployment. What does the hoster have to offer or
  support?
  3)Does Bruce have a dedicated server available.
  4)How proficient is Bruce in vim?
    (vim is very productive, and there is the comfort level issue)
        (vim can leverage all kinds of linux resources)
        (Chris would use emacs, the same applies).
  5)What is going to be the *true* scale of the site?
    I.E. Is Bruce going to basically clone the scale of the example
        that he provided? Or is Bruce going to want to build on that
        scale?
  FYI: I _do_ use drupal, as well as my own programming frameworks
  and django. I like drupal, but it is a bitch to learn. (No offense
  meant to dogs). I _would_ use drupal, but I'm not Bruce.

  In short: Economies of scale: How do they apply in Bruce's case?
  So many questions ....

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com