[aklug] Alaska database manager job opening with PostgreSQL / Linux / HTML5 skills

From: Matt Macander <mmacander@abrinc.com>
Date: Mon Mar 04 2013 - 12:15:03 AKST

ABR is an environmental consulting and research firm with offices in
Fairbanks (corporate headquarters) and Anchorage, AK; and Forest Grove, OR.
We are currently seeking a database manager to work at one of our Alaska
locations to support database design, database application development, and
data stewardship activities.

A Database Manager will support a variety of ABR’s environmental research
projects with responsibility for both new and legacy data. The incumbent
will provide advice and support for ensuring quality datasets for multiple
projects and disciplines. Disciplines include botanical, wetlands,
wildlife, fisheries, aquatics, meteorological, spatial (GIS and remote
sensing), statistics, and other ecological research fields.

Duties would include database application development and implementation,
including developing HTML5 field data collection forms on Android tablets.

The job would also involve supporting server, network and backup functions
in a predominantly Linux server environment.

Details are on our web site:
http://abrinc.com/employment/index.htm

Matt Macander
Senior Scientist
ABR, Inc—Environmental Research and Services
Fairbanks, Alaska
907.455.6777x112