[aklug] chmod

From: Scott A. Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2013 - 20:27:08 AKST

I have tens of thousands of files nested inside several thousand
directories on a data dump drive. I need to set different chmod levels for
the files inside the directories, but a different chmod for the directories
themselves. Example, the directories need to be 777 while the files are
755. Can I do this easily? Luckily I don't need to set different chmod
levels for different/various files and/or directories. ALL the files
should be 755 - ALL the directories 777. Unfortunatley: "sh# chmod -R 777
/" doesn't work since it will set the directories and files to be the same.

Thanks.

Scott

--
Scott A. Johnson