[aklug] Re: Windows 8 + ubuntu

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 20:48:28 AKST

I'm not certain how much effort the other distros are going to put into
this. Right now it seems like the advocates of the other distros are
lambasting Fedora & Ubuntu for buying into this.

I'm not real wild about these 2 buying into it either, but I'm supposing
they looked into this and came to the conclusion the writing was on the
wall.

I did think it was decent of Fedora to share though...

Jim G

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:

> * Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com> [130113 18:41]:
> > Coming in on this a little late, but one of the Fedora developers has put
> > out a bootloader for UEFI for people to use w/ other distros. Haven't
> tried
> > it myself, but...
> >

> http://www.muktware.com/4909/fedora-developer-releases-secure-boot-bootloader-linux-distributions#.UPN68nBGJ5Q
> :) Why am I not surprised. I imagine the rest of the distros will
> follow suit with the appropriate adaptation.
> I seem to remember when Windows XP was giving people fits trying
> to dual-boot.
> thanks
> --
> Tim
> tim at tee jay forty nine dot com or akwebsoft dot com
> http://www.akwebsoft.com

Jim Gribbin
Prudential Jack White/Vista RE
3801 Centerpoint Dr, #200
Anchorage, AK 99503
phone (907) 273-7348 fax (907) 562-5485
website JimGribbin.com
The information contained in this e-mail is CONFIDENTIAL and/or PRIVILEGED.
This e-mail is intended to be reviewed by the individual named above. If
the reader of this electronic transmittal is not the intended recipient or
representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
review, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the information
contained herein, is prohibited. Thank you.