[aklug] Re: Drupal - first steps - rants - raves

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2012 - 07:26:13 AKST

* Marc Grober <marc@interak.com> [121104 07:01]:
> NCSA Mosaic was released almost 20 yrs ago - things were simpler and I have to say, saner......

  In the late 90's, as most will recall M$ was being sued for
  monopolistic practices. I can recall doing PC support, looking at
  Internet Explorer binaries and seeing info files that stated that
  some of the code in the TCP/IP stack was taken from some other
  source, I can't recall which source, but I think that Berkeley
  (something, something, BSD?) was included in those credentials or
  was it Mosaic?

  IOWS : Possibly as a result of the suit, M$ was actually giving
  credit as to where they kipped some of the code...

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com