[aklug] Prolog

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2012 - 23:06:24 AKDT

Anybody on the list into Prolog? I'm just picking it up. I haven't
learned to do anything useful with it yet, but it is rather interesting
and surprising so far. For example, it seems that in Prolog results are
not true or false, properly speaking, but rather either proven to be
true, or not able to be proved; a significant difference, and not what I
was expecting.

So far I've journeyed about two chapters into a Prolog tutorial. I
learned how to make a small knowledge base of terms and to query it for
information interactively. I haven't learned how to run a stand alone
program, or for that matter, what Prolog is even used for, aside from a
few hints at the Wikipedia page. :)

In the past I've ranted about how we should all be learning C, assembly,
and other low level languages. Yet, I must confess that for a long time
now I have found myself more and more intrigued by the abstract,
esoteric languages, such as Haskell, Lisp, and Prolog.

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us