[aklug] Kaspersky developing their own OS for SCADA

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2012 - 13:05:10 AKDT

Thank you Tim! I truly enjoy "lurking" on this mailing list and learning.
Anyway, I was searching for SCADA when I found this:

http://eugene.kaspersky.com/2012/10/16/kl-developing-its-own-operating-system-we-confirm-the-rumors-and-end-the-speculation/

Kaspersky is developing their own OS for mission critical ICS. I like some
of the points made in the comments below too...

Interesting idea, but looks like embedded OS with minimal compatibility, at
> the same time, alot of software needs dependencies and frameworks to run,
> and those usually have the “holes”, but good luck on that one!

People are the biggest threat and you can’t rebuild them… or can you? ….

And you’re writing a secure OS in C/C++. What could possibly go wrong.

--
ΨΦ! μ~πζ≈∞Ωא
"Listen to me! When you die in Alaska you die in real life!"