[aklug] Re: PowerShell

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 14:11:10 AKDT

* James Tweet <jamestweet@yahoo.com> [121011 14:05]:

> As I understand it. When IBM first approached MS about making an
> OS. MS sent IBM to see the UNIX guys. The people making UNIX blew
> off IBM. So IBM went back to MS.
  Not UNIX (so I heard) CP/M supposedly (in the story I heard), Gary
  Kildall, the developer of CP/M decided to smoke a joint and go
  flying, rather than meet with the IBM folks. Then the IBM folks
  went to Bill G and Bill G bought the QDOS.

  Gary Kildall is long dead. My Dad flew for 76 years. He didn't
  smoke dope.

--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com