[aklug] Re: Linux/Drupal/PHP/Latest LJ

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 09:51:31 AKDT

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012, Tim Johnson wrote:

> Glad to see that there are a couple of drupalers on this LUG.
> I can learn PHP. Some pythonists and perlmonks tend to dis PHP,
> but this pythonist doesn't. Programming is programming.

Eh, perhaps because PHP steals good ideas from other languages, then
implements them poorly, inconsistently, and usually half broken. And if
that doesn't put you off enough, their <ahem> "security" record is enough
evidence for me. Drupal, wordpress, etc., might be worthy CMSs in their
own right, but when the core language they're built on is a gaping attack
vector, I have no use for them.

Lipstick on a pig. Pucker up.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die