[aklug] Good Anchorage area ISP

From: Ankorite <ankorite@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 11 2012 - 15:14:58 AKDT

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking on this list for some time and really enjoy reading and
chiming in every once and a while. My current ISP is at&t with the Wimax
ota router at 2m/512k down and up respectively. They have been ok, but are
pulling out of the market in January 2013. I was hoping for some
recommendations for a good one to switch to. I use a lot of bandwidth (tens
of gigs a month both up and down) and would like to keep operating my tor
node, minecraft server, and remote access. I am leaning to ACS as I was a
customer in the past and it looks like they have restructured their
services. Ideally I would also like to use my homebuilt slackware router to
manage the connection to my switch but if i have to get a commercial router
I guess I can deal.
If this is considered flame bate I want to apologize in advance. On a side
note I have recently received my raspberry pi and if anyone is interested I
will bring it to one of these Friday meetings. I also have a (almost
defunt) chumby and a first generation xo laptop I can bring along to show
off. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Justin