[aklug] Re: OSX Lion and Samba server

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu Jul 26 2012 - 20:14:43 AKDT

The problems are specific to the Lion clients not following =20
permissions on the ubuntu samba server.

Maybe we can compare smb.conf files to see what we might try changing =20
to see if we can correct the issue.

Are you using mount_smbfs command to connect to the samba server? If =20
not, what method do you use to connect to the samba server from the =20
Lion boxes specifically.

10.7.4 is the only OSX machine we have.

Everything works just fine on the older OSX clients as well as my =20
windows boxes.

Mike B.