[aklug] Re: Gnu/Linux evangelism with wrong numbers

From: Michael Fowler <michael@shoebox.net>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2012 - 14:21:49 AKDT

> Funny story: I keep getting phone calls from a Windows tech-support
> guy in India. Microsoft apparently has a wrong number and thinks I
> have some unresolved Windows problem.

It's a scam. I humored one once and he had me start poking around for
some random Windows thing that could be confusing enough to be construed
as exhibiting Bad Symptoms. Their ultimate goal is to have you buy and
install malware.

Microsoft has put out alerts, and I believe Slashdot covered it some
time back.

--
Michael Fowler
www.shoebox.net