[aklug] C: the early days

From: Steven Johnson <stevejzoo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 09 2012 - 21:44:52 AKST

Getting back to really ancient days... Does anyone else here recall Leor
Zolman's BDS C? He wrote it in 1978 for the CP/M operating system, when he
was twenty years old. It was faster and far less expensive than other C
compilers of the day. Zolman also wrote for the late Sysadmin magazine and
the C users group. These days he is a training consultant on matters C.
It is several years since I gave away my BDS C manual and software. These
days the software and manual are freely available from several websites,
including Zolman's page. BDS C code will compile to run on embedded Z80
systems in the absence of an operating systems.

Steve

--
Steve Johnson
stevejzoo@gmail.com