[aklug] Re: Apache2 and Perl

From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Tue Dec 27 2011 - 20:08:42 AKST

On Tuesday, December 27, 2011, Damien Hull wrote:
> I looked into that and decided not to go that rout. I'm sure it works
> but I would like a little extra control. In this case I have to hope
> the Turnkey team updates things on a regular bases.
> There's also issues with added software. If I want to run something else
> will it allow me to do that. Too much to figure out.
>
> Not sure I can manage the system I'm trying to build but it gives me
> options. I won't know until I finish installing and testing the
> system.

I know you're using Ubuntu, but have you considered Debian Squeeze with
backports?

I have a Squeeze system running RT 4 from backports, and it was mostly an apt-
get install away from a base system.

The only issues I've had was with getting AD integration working the way I
wanted it to, but that was all within RT.

James