[aklug] Re: Linux help for UAA student

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 19 2011 - 21:40:50 AKST

Actually, that thought did cross my mind briefly. I pretty much
discounted it at the time as I was always under the impression that
ndiswrapper pretty much only worked with WinXP drivers and I was pretty
certain this was too new. I had intended to do a search on it today, but
forgot until your mention.

Besides, I was finding all kinds of information w/ people getting this
working with this chipset. Not with this make/model laptop, but this
chipset, but few mentioned whether v1.1 or v2.0. Also, the ar8152(v1.1)
has official kernel support. For the ar8152(v2.0), this laptop, it says
"This device has no hardware available yet so it goes untested, but it
should work:"

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/23d76ec098e0b5ed?pli=1

I suspect v2.0 may yet need some tweaking before it works everywhere.

The only place I seem to be able to find XP drivers for this card is
www.atheros.cz, "The Unofficial Atheros Czech Drivers Site". Anyone seem
to know anything about them?

--
Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>