[aklug] Clearwire coming to an end in Anchorage

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2011 - 17:17:28 AKST

I heard a rumor about this yesterday, then got notification from
Cleawire today.

Clearwire is no longer selling service here. They say you can keep what
you got, but once it's gone, it's gone.

I was thinking about getting something else anyway. It's been a good
service for me, but it's getting long in the tooth. 1.5 Mb down is
getting iffy. 256K up, although it was acceptable when I got the service
a few years back, is getting less and less acceptable.

They had implied some months back when I called about some tech support
that they had and upgraded service on the drawing board for around the
end of the year. I guess they decided to go a different route.

Jim G