[aklug] Linux help for a UAA student

From: Joshua J. Kugler <joshua@eeinternet.com>
Date: Sun Nov 06 2011 - 09:51:30 AKST

I have a friend attending UAA who is having some trouble with his
network connection on his laptop (wireless). We're past the point where
I can help him over the phone, and he is having trouble with his
hardwired connection too, so I can't even log in and help that way. Is
there somebody who would be willing to meet up with him and troubleshoot
the connection? We have the driver compiled, and installed, we just need
to figure out the name of the driver (.ko) so we can add it to
/etc/modules.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com - Fairbanks, AK