[aklug] Re: How You Know When It?s Time to Switch to Linux

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 26 2011 - 14:12:04 AKDT

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> wrote:

> Product Dimensions: 7.7 x 1.4 x 7.7 inches ; 2.7 pounds

OK, I'm stepping in now. Hope this isn't too off-topic.

I too don't see the sweet spot the Mini is supposed to hit. [disclaimer:
former Mini owner, no problems] That is, *other than price*. The real
competition for the Mini, as I see it, is not the iMac [for those who own
good screen/s already], since an iMac = mini + more power + good LCD. And
it's not mini PCs, because, well, Tim mentioned it. Few mini PCs, if any,
have the build quality of the Mini, which must be taken into account when
pricing.

But. If small size is the goal, I don't see why one wouldn't buy a
Macbook/Air… although in Tim's case, he needs the extra storage for running
multiple OSes, and being limited by flash memory might put a cramp in it.

jermudgeon