[aklug] Re: Real American Penguin

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Mon Oct 10 2011 - 20:38:19 AKDT

On 10/10/2011 07:46 PM, Lawrence Hoffman wrote:
> There's been widespread use of linux within the Army's navigational software
> for quite some time now. Everything else is more or less Windows based on
> the Army side of the house these days though. I've asked a few times if
> there are any Linux servers in use, I usually get the funny look that tells
> me the Signal Officer is confused by this infantryman knowing what linux is,
> then told something like "I'm sure it's there somewhere."
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 5:03 PM, David J. Weller-Fahy<
> dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com> wrote:

Where I used to work on Wainwright it was about 50/50 Linux and Windows,
because I worked with simulator equipment. Ironically, though, I only
knew about two people (including myself) in three buildings that could
tell you the difference between an init script and a MAN page.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us