[aklug] you can get a vps with a static IP cheap - Re: Re: Stupid PBL

From: Jason McEachen <jason@brightshinyobject.com>
Date: Mon Oct 03 2011 - 12:06:24 AKDT

and either put your mail server there or just proxy through it. As soon
as it's provisioned and you get the information on it do a search for
your shiny new IP address in all the spam servers, because you don't
know who had it before you or what they did with it. I've had hosting
companies try giving me IP ranges that they had just taken away from a
box for TOS/SPAM.

Depending on how much crazy stuff you're doing when you receive an
email, any really cheap VPS should work. If you shop around you can
probably find something in a region whose spam history or laws best fit
any extra concerns you have.

--Jason