[aklug] Re: OT: need solder geek help

From: David Prentice <ak.prentice@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2011 - 14:39:45 AKDT

Thanks James!
I know the 510 needs to be fixed because when I took it all apart, I went
and wiggled the 510 and 300 resistors and - bing - 510 popped right off. Of
course I wasn't doing this inside at a table, I was doing this outside in my
driveway. Right where I'd already lost half of the little rubber nubbins and
plastic whatzits into the asphalt. Fortunately, I was able to find all of
the itty-bitty little parts.

I'm pretty good with fine detail work with my hands. I used to paint those
little wargame miniatures competitively, for show, for years.

I'm still wondering what sort of GOOD use I could make of the overhead
console space where the clock resides. The idea of replacing it with a geeky
mod running linux intrigues me.