[aklug] Conduit & Avahi

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 30 2011 - 01:57:05 AKDT

I think I have figured out that my "real" problem w/ Conduit is that
Avahi(Zeroconf) on my Fedora 15 box is not properly announcing itself
nor detecting other devices on the network.

Avahi does seem to be working on my Fedora 14 laptop though, and even my
new Android based phone seems to be able to detect stuff on the network.

The Android seems to be using MjDNS, a Java implementation of the
Zeroconf(mDNS) protocols.

Maybe someone here knows enough about Avahi to give me some pointers. I
had heard the terms Avahi & Zeroconf in the past, but had no idea what
they were or that I had them until I began troubleshooting this
situation.

Thanks,

Jim G