[aklug] anybody here familiar w/ Conduit?

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 29 2011 - 01:43:02 AKDT

I am setting up a new computer and need to copy over files plus I wanted a
way to syncronize files for backup purposes.
I am attempting to use a Gnome Tool called 'Conduit'. It is designed to sync
files locally and over a network.

I can get it to sync files locally, one folder to another, but I am unable
to get it working over the network.

It is a pretty small network, 2 computers and a printer connected to a
router. You wouldn't think it should be to difficult. The 2 computers can
see each other. I can SSH files back and forth no problem, But I set up
Conduit at both ends and Conduit on computer A will not see computer B nor
vise-versa. Even while the computers are linked via SSH.

Yes, I know about rsync, but I want to get this Conduit tool figured out. It
does some things that rsync is not set up for that I want to use as well,
assuming I can get my mind around the basics.

--
Jim G