[aklug] Need planning help for tagged mail spam filter/delivery agent

From: Shane R. Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Mon Aug 22 2011 - 15:29:39 AKDT

I like the TMDA project, however it needs a bit of reinventing in my own opinion. I'm
curious if anybody else has comments or advise on processes or preferences they would like
to see in this system and help plan a new method and interface for mail whitelisting,
blacklisting, challenge/response, and tagging.

There are a lot of problems with TMDA, most being the human factor and some being the idea
that a spammer response system will eventually be mechanized. I'd like to introduce
shared whitelists (based on another project I am setting up) as well as some alternative
methods of dealing with mail filtering that can be done via the client with a local store
just as well as through a proxy server or an IMAP/POP aware client daemon. The latter
would work well for google/otherlargecompanythatdoesfreemail users.

- Shane