[aklug] GNU/Hurd: was: Re: Debian 18th Birthday

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2011 - 20:16:34 AKDT

On 08/15/2011 06:03 PM, Bob AK wrote:
> Happy Birthday Debian!
> 18th birthday on Aug 16. Tuesday
> Seems like only yesterday it was the 10th and we had a 'debian cake' at
> 'Nine Star' at Muldoon and Debarr.
>
> Haven't been able to make a cake this year.
> Still...Three Cheers to debian..developers, supporters, and users.
>

> Bob Pelz

Sounds like you've been using it for a while... question: have you ever
played around with Debian GNU/Hurd? From what I understand, Debian has
been supporting that for a while, which I must admit is rather
impressive considering how busy the Debian folks already are. A few
years ago a Gentoo GNU/Hurd was attempted, but the project couldn't
sustain flight. (From what I understand, part of the problem was the
slowness of Hurd development itself.)

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us