[aklug] Re: Volume management

From: adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Mon Jul 11 2011 - 11:58:45 AKDT

On 07/11/2011 11:52 AM, Bruce Hill wrote:

> If you're not one of the sheeple who has to have desktop icons to click
> and make his programs run, etc, you should just hurry up and quit all the
> DE experimentation and run Fluxbox. Uses a *lot* less resources than those
> clunky DEs which introduce new twirly giggy things without fixing their
> exsisting bugs. Doubt it? Join #gentoo on irc.freenode.net and lurk for 48
> hours and find out how many people have problems with KDE (Krummy Desktop
> Excuse) and Gnome (furry imaginary creature running around in the forest).
> And while you're there, watch how much time they waste trying to get
> booted with grub rather than installing lilo and booting their system. :-)

I used to use fluxbox, but the integration was too poor to allow me to
work effectively. Plus, gnome-terminal started supporting tabs, which
blew fluxbox' tabs out of the water.

I also used to use gentoo, but I gave up - fitting the spoiler on top of
my workstation made it too tall to fit under my desk. And with all the
flashy neon lights and ground effects on my workstation, it was too
bright and distracting to have on top of my desk. There goes your ball
game.

--
Adam