[aklug] ACS tethering (was ACS tech savvy support)

From: techno curmudgeon <technocurmudgeon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2011 - 08:54:44 AKDT

Just to bring the thread to closure, here is the official ACS response
to my queries about them disabling tethering for my laptop:

-------

Thank you for the reply. In the past we have not offered or charged
for this feature. This was mentioned as prohibited in our Wireless
Data Acceptable Terms of Use Policy-Section 3. If you would like to
continue to use your device for tethering, we can have the mobile
hotspot/tethering feature activated on your account. The cost of this
feature is $20.00 per month and allows for up to 2GB of monthly data
usage.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.