[aklug] Re: FTP

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 18:00:39 AKDT

* Damien Hull <damien@linuxninjas.tv> [110622 16:20]:
> I'm trying to setup an FTP server.
>
> Ubuntu
> Proftpd
> Works from windows comand shell
?? Not sure what you mean!
First you are mentioning ubuntu, now you mention
windows:
1)Is this actually ubuntu running as a native install?
 (as opposed to running on top of windows).
2)If this is a full install of ubuntu, why not just try vsftpd?
 (I have had problems with Proftpd myself).

Given that you have ubuntu, it is easy to remove Proftpd and try
vsftpd. If you do so, look thru /etc for any proftpd files or
directories remaining. Uninstall is not always complete...

NOTE: Don't consider my opinion the last word, I see that you are
getting lots of other inputs. But sometimes simplest is bestest..

regards

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com