[aklug] Re: SheevaPlug: Was: Re: Re: $25 mini computer

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 10:01:22 AKDT

Shiva's are nice, albeit expensive for what you're getting. The PRO versio=
isn't worth the upgraded cost.

Go get a SeaGate Dockstar instead.

It's effectively the same device (arm computer, usb ports, ethernet port,
TTL serial) for a lot less money. (40$ usually)

then go visit the plugapps website for details on how to remove
the custom kernel and install your own bog-standard ArchLinux distro.

I've been using them for recon/telemetry for over a year, and
they're pretty rock solid.

You can even use qemu's ARM emulator to play around with development,
if you're that sort of person.