[aklug] SheevaPlug: Was: Re: Re: $25 mini computer

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 21:54:55 AKDT

On 05/16/2011 08:17 PM, Peter Michael wrote:
> Yeah its nice, but by the time he gets it to market a year from now it will not be $25, in the meantime you can get the same thing in a case ready to go, for $99 today and its open source from the get go with a lot more capabilities.
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-22-sheevaplug-dev-kit-us.aspx
> cheers
> Pete

I looked at the link you gave but was hoping you could clarify a few
points regarding the SheevaPlug:
 - How do you interface with it when you first get it?
 - Does it come with the "System Development Board" mentioned in the
hardware diagram?
 - What Linux does it come with?
 - Can you install your preferred Linux?

--