[aklug] Re: $25 mini computer

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 19:10:11 AKDT

On 05/16/2011 01:33 PM, Kurt Brendgard wrote:
> Came across this, for those who have not seen it.
>
> http://hackaday.com/2011/05/06/miniature-pc-packs-a-big-punch/
>
> For $25 it has HDMI out, a USB, 700mhz ARM, 128mb ram. I followed some of the links to pics and it would seem as though it already have a version of Linux ready to go lol.
>
> Dick Tracey would be impressed

Interesting... http://www.raspberrypi.org/:

Is that networking through an Ethernet USB dongle? So then, presumably
you can hook up a USB hub?

VGA would have been cooler than composite, but I don't care too much
either way since I would use mine as a server and SSH in.

Looks cool. Just wish they were selling them now, instead of 12 months
from now.

BTW: Did anyone hear what happened to PicoTux? I lost track of their
retail site some time ago.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us