[aklug] Re: OT? Open Wifi Networks

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 11:27:04 AKDT

* Marc Grober <marc@interak.com> [110505 07:35]:
> As you can see, the doctrine is largely confined to kids and bears,
> undoubtedly because they have so much in common ;-)
 As the father of 3 daughters, one of whom is a riding instructor
 and horse trainer, I would respectfully offer that horses and
 teenage girls have much in common.

> "http://www.google.com/custom?q=attractive+nuisance&sa=Google+Search&cof=LW%3A428%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcamera.touchngo.com%2FTNGcorp7.gif%3BLH%3A76%3BAH%3Acenter%3BAWFID%3Af3bdf831f1814d5d%3B&domains=www.touchngo.com&sitesearch=touchngo.com"

 The beforementioned daughter has her training business in Texas,
 where State Law goes a long way towards indemnifying anyone
 involved with rider or horse training or rodeos any just about
 anything involving people and large animals. Really cuts down on
 insurance expenses, so I understand.

> But my guess is that the FBI would push for doing something about the
> millions of infected PC's before targeting insecure wifi - lol. in any
> event,
 But perhaps instead of something like the above mentioned Texas
 approach being applied to unsecured wi-fi, the FBI could argue
 from the lines of national security that an unsecured wi-fi is a
 criminal act?

 Could someone with a computer on a LAN that is not firewalled be
 cited for leaving holes for someone to leapfrog into a skada
 network and shut the grid down, or commit some other sort of
 nuisance?

> the most obvious example of an attractive nuisance arising in
> Alaska is Sarah Palin. But,
  Yikes! Does that mean that Sarah Palin could induce me to drive a
  truck thru a convent? I know that she is an Evangelical, but
  perhaps my Catholicism would be mitigate the influence?

  I think I'm going to change my name to Lazarus Long and get the
  hell off of the grid!

--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web dot com or akwebsoft dot com