[aklug] OT? Open Wifi Networks

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 07:21:41 AKDT

As you can see, the doctrine is largely confined to kids and bears,
undoubtedly because they have so much in common ;-)
"http://www.google.com/custom?q=attractive+nuisance&sa=Google+Search&cof=LW%3A428%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcamera.touchngo.com%2FTNGcorp7.gif%3BLH%3A76%3BAH%3Acenter%3BAWFID%3Af3bdf831f1814d5d%3B&domains=www.touchngo.com&sitesearch=touchngo.com"
While most of the case law in this state revolves around state regs and
statutes, the doctrine is a common law tort concept and has developed
much the same as the tort of trespass on the case. Common law, which is
what we "received" (used in the technical legal sense) from the UK at
this country's inception, seems to be exactly the source of the Tea
Party's frustration - go figure.... In sum, while it might not apply
now, that does not mean that some clever legislator, regulator or judge
might not try to extend the law, though my opinion is hat judges,
having more critical peers, often do a saner job of it than legislators.
But my guess is that the FBI would push for doing something about the
millions of infected PC's before targeting insecure wifi - lol. in any
event, the most obvious example of an attractive nuisance arising in
Alaska is Sarah Palin. But,