[aklug] Re: Natty Issues

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Tue May 03 2011 - 04:52:51 AKDT

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:03:47PM -0800, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> [110502 17:19]:
> > >
> > > There was a time when n00bs posted "I can't get online with 9.0" and they
> > > would get flamed...
> > >
> > > Anyway, perhaps someone will fix borken Ubuntu ... and when he fixes his
> > > problem or updates a package Ubuntu will do like Windoze ... REBOOT!
> > >
> > > Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...
> > >
> > > Bruce
> >
> > Calm down...please. I admit I cringed when I saw the OP's Ubuntu question, there
> > is just two much info on the net about this distro & issue, no need to rehash
> > here.
> >
> > That said, imho. Aklug list is a friendly, local group & list .A lot of folks know
> > each other and help newbies ( Friday nite ) and get exposed to all manner of
> > GNU/Linux stuff.
>
> To put it another way - The OP was treated with a lack of
> generosity. I wish I had given him a better response myself.
> Ignorance is more excusable than a lack of generosity.
> MTCW
> --
> Tim

I will personally take exception to _both_ of those responses.

Since the first *Natty flame* if you will, came from me -- but also
because the _only_ tech response to help came from me.

In my first reply:
How are the Home key and Windows logo key advertised to work?

In my second reply:
You should start with "xev" to determine the keycodes generated by these
keys.

And the OP has not yet replied answering the first or stating what output
he got with xev.

The rest of the thread has just been useless static from you guys.

So, Ubuntu *users*, help the OP!

Bruce

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the