[aklug] Re: Natty Issues

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 20:30:39 AKDT

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Joshua J. Kugler wrote:

> OK, would this work?
>
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=ubuntu%2C+fedora%2C+centos%2C+rhel%2C+suse&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
>
> :) Even more disparity than the Distro Watch links.
>
> But you're right, it doesn't paint a 100% accurate picture. Nothing
> does.

Weird, google keeps giving me a "bad request" error, even when I go to the
trends section manually and try to search myself. Pain in the butt.

I don't doubt that Ubuntu is very popular, I figured that out just by
lurking on this list. But I'd definitely trust the google trends more than
distrowatch. All things relative, of course. I would expect based on some
of the angst I've heard about the new "unity" shell that a fairly popular
distro making some very questionable and disruptive design choices to spike
the trends quite a bit.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die