[aklug] SANS info - Microsoft patches

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2011 - 08:31:03 AKDT

Regular information comes from SANS regarding things going on in our =20
community. It is likely that most of you already see and get this =20
stuff, however, re-posting it can't hurt. I got this from being =20
signed up here:

https://portal.sans.org/login.php?yatf

As a condition of use, they have asked us not to re-post this on a =20
website, but it can be passed along via e-mail.

The interest for this group would likely be the SMB protocol stuff.

  --Microsoft Patches Record 64 Flaws
(April 12, 2011)
Microsoft's released security updates for April address 64
vulnerabilities. The flaws affect Windows, Office and several other
products. The Microsoft Security Response Center has flagged three of
the bulletins as top priorities: MS11-018, MS11-019 and MS11-020. The
first bulletin addresses five flaws in Internet Explorer (IE). The
second and third address critical flaws in the way Windows handles the
Server Message Block (SMB) protocol.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/12/microsoft_patch_tuesday_april_2011/
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/04/microsoft-issues-monster-patch-update/
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9215751/Microsoft_delivers_monster_se=
curity_update_for_Windows_IE?taxonomyId=3D85
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20053212-245.html?tag=3Dmncol;title
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/internet-explorer-update-headlines-monste=
r-patch-tuesday/8534?tag=3Dmantle_skin;content
http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Microsoft-s-record-Patch-Tuesday-=
1226887.html
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS11-apr.mspx