[aklug] Xmonad (again) / Functional Programming

From: Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>
Date: Fri Apr 15 2011 - 18:30:00 AKDT

Thought this image was cool, though it is not mine:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Xmonad-screen-triplehead-dons.png

(Dang, I need to get a third monitor...)

Thought this was cool too, as it shows what kind of weird layout
algorithms you can come up with:

http://www.matburt.net/images/desk1.png

Anyway, I'll try to lay off blabbing about Xmonad for a while. Right now
I'm going through a Haskell tutorial... don't know if I'll end up being
a Haskell programmer, but the little I've learned so far has been quite
interesting. I'm hoping that some of the ideas from this "functional"
programming paradigm will help me overcome some of the challenges I face
whenever I try to start a large programming project. Seems like I often
get mired down in dealing with all the complexity in the interaction
between the objects in the program as well as the order of how issues
should be resolved.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us