[aklug] Re: xmonad

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 11 2011 - 22:24:38 AKDT

Probably before your time, sonny ;-), but Windows started out as a
"tiling" desktop. The tiling concept didn't go over very well. 640 x 480
screens were all the rage then and you can't get many tiles on that size
screen, not large enough tiles to be useful anyway.

I think W95 was the first one w/ your "floating" windows.

Jim G