[aklug] Re: multiple distros coordinate to establish /run directory

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 21:40:11 AKDT

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011, barsalou wrote:

> Jim, thanks for posting the link. This makes getting to the heart of =20
> what is going on in systemd much easier and I don't have to slog =20
> through uneducated, narrow minded, diatribe about how fantastic it is =20
> or how terrible it is.

Et tu, Barsalutus? ;-) I'm still waiting for any rebuttals to anything
I've written on the matter.

> This gives me direct access to present the kinds of questions that we =20
> have asked in this forum and to read for myself what the author of =20
> systemd thinks.

I hope you also noticed the end of the article where people are wondering if
it should replace cron & gnome-session. I think that sums up pretty nicely
everything that's wrong with this project. And if you look at the "feature"
list this mentality is gaining momemtum and influence. Linux will be the
worse for it, mark my words.

Every problem they're trying to solve is worth solving, but not by *one*
overly complex and buggy blob.

         --Arthur Corliss
           Live Free or Die