[aklug] Re: multiple distros coordinate to establish /run directory

From: barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat Apr 02 2011 - 13:46:37 AKDT

Quoting Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>:

<snip>
> I am using the Trinity KDE desktop, de-tuned to mimic Windowmaker as much as
> possible, which is possible because of the (over) abundance of configuration
> options. I could spend all my time playing with the DE instead of
> doing any real
> work :-)
>
> This may change as Trinity is actively being worked on, it has a
> roadmap for the
> future, keeping KDE 3.5 usable.

I've been using xfce4 desktop (xfwm4 WM), which seems to work pretty
well. I've had it on an older laptop and older machine and I'm not
missing anything as far as I can tell.

I've even loaded some apps that had some gnome requirements, but that
doesn't seem to have slowed it down any.

This is on top of Ubuntu 10.04.

Mike B.