[aklug] Re: multiple distros coordinate to establish /run directory

From: Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 10:50:06 AKDT

On Thursday 31 March 2011 12:08:55 am Arthur Corliss wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Royce Williams wrote:
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/436012/
>
> <snip>
>
> <sigh> I think Linux has finally become Windows. Systemd was a huge
> mistake, and now that most have taken the bait they've just set the hook.
> All that's left now is to be reeled in and gaffed.

Oh shoot, why not Linux becoming like Apple ? I have this really irrational
dislike of MS ;-)

>Of course, that's assuming *they* haven't been infected with the
>taint of overly complicated, unreliable crap software that tries to do too
>much and does it poorl

Ah, elitist technical jargon, once again. This is but a symptom, dev's create a
nice OS and instead of sitting back, relaxing , getting a girl friend, enjoying
life , they keep hacking away ...for no apparent reason. Next thing you know we
have systemd, /run, KDE4, Gnome 3, all answers to questions NO ONE is asking ;-)

--
Peace,
Greg