[aklug] Any one familiar with creating install packages for Symantec Endpoint?

From: Scott Carnahan <scott@ravenmoonart.com>
Date: Sun Mar 20 2011 - 10:55:38 AKDT

I was editing an install package (install script the be made into an .exe or
.msi) for doing an install of Symantec Endpoint and when I ran the final
test it linked the live update function to an offsite server. I have gone
through the sections I had been working on and cannot find anyplace that
tells the program to use an offsite manager. It also assigned control of the
local client to off site management by the AV server.

I was working on the main build and had not gotten to altering it for
MS/Lunix/Mac systems, but had tried it on a MS system. (Win7 64).

Anyone have any experience with Symantec or server based AV management? I am
trying to find where the lines of script tell it to go off site and figure
out why it did this when I did not tell it to.

Scott