[aklug] Windows question ... geez, sorry :(

From: Bruce Hill <bruce@slackwarebox.com>
Date: Sat Mar 19 2011 - 08:50:22 AKDT

Hey List,

Sorry to ask ... we just moved back to America after living in China for
almost 9 years. I'm attempting to feed my homeless family by building and
repairing computers atm, waiting for a job or if self-employment suffices.

I have a customer's Compaq Presario CQ80 with an unusual problem. He said
the kbd sometimes doesn't input all his key presses. After removing a lot
of malware, I could not replicate this. He showed me that by opening his
homepage to Facebook, then entering his username and password there was a
problem.

Using notepad, IE's address bar, MS Word -- there is no kbd error; so it
is my opinion that his kbd is fine. He reported logging into his ISP's
email interface (Frontier) gave that problem, but does not anymore. I've
used my bank's login page and have no problem. It's just with him logging
into Facebook afaict. (Yes, I tried it and it fails for me, also.)

Does anyone know of this issue? We don't even have a Facebook account, or
any other social networking thing. Yes, I'm an antisocial geek. My
preference is face-to-face human interaction. ;)

Thanks for any experience you can share with this Windows issue, or a
shove in some direction. We are staying in a motorhome out in the sticks
without internet connection, and the iPhone's 3G gets one bar sometimes;
but is not feasible for internet browser searches IMO.

Peace,
Bruce

--
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His suffering!
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the