[aklug] AMD dually

From: Marc Grober <marc@interak.com>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2011 - 16:08:27 AKST

Time has come for resolution of the fate of dually in my possession. I have a=
greement from local outfit to host dually for purposes of keeping the ASD IT=
 BRT wiki alive without charge and the server can then host such other publi=
c spirited applications as appropriate as long as bandwidth usage is unremar=
kable. Was going to do that as project with someone else but that isn't goin=
g to happen. System has SLES installed, but I have no objection to changing O=
S. I would like to see some math resources (STACK and WebworkS, texlive and=
 mathjax) installed to support math teachers in state, but there is room to t=
alk about that. It must do dekiwiki to host the brt wiki. Beyond that it cou=
ld be purposed to support the group. It could be used for services (funambol=
, anyone?), an independent list serv, FAQs, a repo, calibre, etc. Might be n=
ice to also be able to use it to demo things like X11, vnc, etc. This would=
 be a production box so there would need to be some general agreement on acc=
ess etc. I have a domain name accuracyineducation.net that I can transfer to=
 it. Group would have to buy an SSL cert.

Is this a project that is appropriate for the group, and if so, what interes=
t?